Look to Him

Look to Him
Don't forget to respond to this blog, scroll down to the bottom of my page and reply!

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Continuation of Belle's Bio....

A former Maryland Institute College of Art graduate, Belle says she ironically never took formal training in portraiture, as she intentionally avoided such courses, not wanting the stigma of being labeled a ‘fine artist’. However, in hindsight, she boldly wears the fine art title and feels married to the task of capturing the essence of persons on canvas and captivating passers-by with a message.

”I enjoy stepping back a few feet from an image to see the anointing of God in each paint stroke. I give Him the glory and credit for what I’m able to do. I don’t find it ordinary – nor do I take it for granted. Praise Him!”

Belle feels blessed to capture the ‘essence of her faith’ and interpret scripture whenever possible – her first aim – to give God glory for the ‘coming together of each piece.’ Oftentimes, feeling guilt for not having the time to paint more, Belle says, “I’d like to think that during the non-productive times, I’m working a painting out in my head months before applying the actual brush to canvas.”

For comments, email: bellemassey@netscape.net

3 comments:

Shawn said...

AWESOME! YOU ROCK MY SISTA!

Absolutely beautiful…breath taking. Sis your paintings…I am so proud of you Belle.

Love Ya – Shawn

dle said...

Belle-

You are an amazing artist !

Anonymous said...

You know you are my favorite artist EVER! The portrait of your daughter is amazing. My other favorite is the one of the big sister- her eyes are piercing. Good luck with the show on Saturday. I'm so sorry I'll miss it.

Kim


Study to Show Thyself Approved Unto God

Study to Show Thyself Approved Unto God

Belle Massey, Artist - Giving God Glory Thru Art

Belle Massey, Artist - Giving God Glory Thru Art
"Big Sista" - Oil on Canvas